Theme: Embedding the use of knowledge, innovation and evidence
Since 2010, the Innovation and Improvement programme has worked with several partners to develop and test innovative ways of working and service innovations develop that aimed to improve care and support. In 2012-13 we are committing to continued work with partners who want to take the learning from these projects and embed this in practice.
The organisations that are involved are:
- Argyll and Bute Council, Throughcare and Aftercare services - following on from Redesigning Leaving Care Support project
- Glasgow City Council and Greater Glasgow and Clyde NHS - following on from the Choreography of Care project
- Loretto Care - following on from SDS and Mental Health project
- Health Improvement Scotland - following on from Data Visualisation work
- Barnardos Scotland - following on from the IRISS Innovation Award Forum
The innovative approaches and ideas that each of these organisation has chosen to embed is different, as is the type of organisation, their aims, objectives and the outcomes they desire for the people who use their services.
The embedding process will be designed with each organisation, with IRISS taking an advisory role, and will run over an 8-month period. Both the process of embedding, as well as its success, will be recorded and evaluated, culminating in case studies that illustrate the knowledge about, and perceived impact of, embedding innovative approaches.
For more information about this project, please contact Gayle Rice, Project Manager, Innovation and Improvement.