We are seeking a researcher or librarian for an evidence search and summary service to help people working in Scotland’s social services to obtain, use and better understand evidence.
The evidence search and summary service will augment Iriss’s existing work to embed and enhance the capacity and capability of Scotland’s social services workforce to access and make use of knowledge and evidence for service innovation and improvement. The service will be informed by Iriss’s unique approach, characterised by a willingness to adapt and learn from a wide range of disciplines, and will draw on the diverse expertise and ongoing work of the existing staff team.
Building on a pilot undertaken by NHS Education for Scotland last year, the evidence search and summary service will provide expert support for the social services sector by:
- Sourcing and bringing together evidence from research, practice and experience
- Facilitating use of this evidence in practice, service improvement and continuous learning
The Knowledge Manager will use rapid summarising methodology to produce evidence summaries in response to enquiries, creating accessible, flexible and engaging products tailored to the needs of different enquirers. In this extension of the original pilot phase, Iriss will work to define the service model and scale of activity for long-term sustainability. Key areas of focus and deliverables will include definition of:
- The methods, activities and products which constitute the K2A service
- Engagement model for frontline staff and managers in local authority, third and independent sectors
- A work allocation model to prioritise and coordinate work on enquiries
- A demand and capacity model which sets out the volume of activity the core team can support
- Developing a collaborative relationship with the health evidence search and summary service
The successful candidate will initially work alone to establish processes for the service, but it is expected that they will be joined by a colleague, dependent on demand. Further details on the role and requirements can be found in the attachments included on this page.
The role is Glasgow-based but travel to other locations across Scotland may be required.
This is a full time, fixed term post to 31 March 2018, although this may be extended. Secondments will be considered. The closing date for applications is 24 July 2017 at 11.59pm. Interviews will be held on 9 August 2017.
To apply please complete the two-part application form, referring to the job profile and person specification. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like the opportunity to discuss the role further, please email email@example.com.
Iriss is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.