We're delighted that Creative Care and Support has funded six wonderful projects in Pitlochry from its funding pot. As part of the project, we made a seed fund of £10,000 available to help people who use services, carers and the wider community of Pitlochry, with ideas for a new business start up, or existing small businesses develop new innovative ideas.
The six projects that have received funding include:
- Heartland Befriending - helping people to establish and maintain strong social relationships and encouraging them to stay connected to their community.
- Herbalist Clinic and Dispensary - an opportunity for local residents to take health and wellbeing into their own hands.
- The Art and Craft Club - an informal club for carers interested in arts to join when the person they were caring for has gone into care or has died.
- Reiki Therapy for current and recent carers.
- Welcome All Social Club and Games Library - games and activities for the local community.
- Sensory and Community Garden - a refuge for people who are in a stressful situation or coping with a life changing illness or disability.
Project partners on Creative Care and Support include The Atholl Centre, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Growbiz, Iriss, NHS Tayside, Perth and Kinross Council and PKAVS.
Read an overview of each of the funded projects Growing care and support in Pitlochry - funding update (information about dates, times and contact details will be added when available).
We intend to follow the development of each project on the Creative Care and Support blog.
For information, please contact Rikke Iversholt.