A course that provides the tools and resources to help apply ethical principles to the planning and purchase of adult social care and support services.
Commissioning and procurement teams are being asked by the Scottish Government to start the transition towards a National Care Service. This means working in a way that is grounded by ethical commissioning principles.
This course is for:
- Commissioning and procurement staff in public bodies
- Providers of social care and support: managers and business development teams
- Service managers in social work and social care
- Members of Integrated Joint Boards
- Increased awareness and understanding of the concept and principles of ethical commissioning
- An understanding of the development of the current policy and legal framework that underpins social care planning and purchasing
- Knowledge on tools to examine and apply ethical commissioning practices