This overview report (PDF) explores learning from eight case studies of work with children and parents in the early years (pre-birth to eight years old). The case studies are based on in-depth interviews with those working with children and parents in the early years to uncover what professionals perceive supports positive outcomes, early intervention and prevention.
The purpose of the case studies is to capture some of the experiential knowledge held by professionals working in the early years, to share this knowledge more widely across the sector and to provide inspiration to others. Case studies are drawn from a range of initiatives across Scotland provided by statutory and third sector social and educational services. Further information about each case study is also available:
- Quarriers Family Centre, Ruchazie, Glasgow
- Corsehill Nursery, Kilwinning, North Ayrshire Council
- Castlemilk Family Learning Centre, Glasgow City Council
- Midlothian Sure Start
- The Dads Group, Douglas Family Support Centre, Dundee City Council
- Change is a Must, Perth and Kinross Council
- Aberlour Bridges, Aberlour Child Care Trust, Glasgow
- SCMA Community Childminding Service
A hardcopy version of This is where it starts collection (containing the overview report and the eight case studies) is available.