A set of 20 cards which share illustrated diary excerpts from social work and care practitioners about a week in their working lives.
What can this tool be used for?
Prompting conversations about social work and care practitioners experiences.
How do you use it?
This tool can be used by one person to aid reflection, or by a group to share perspectives.
We suggest that you chose a card and discuss the following questions:
- Does this excerpt remind you of a story of your own?
- Do you think this story is representative of the experiences of supporting people in your organisation?
- Does this story prompt you to take action to make a change?
- Who do you want to tell about this story?
Outcomes of using this tool
We anticipate that the outcomes of using these cards are that:
- Practitioners are able to reflect on their experiences at work
- Awareness is raised about the role of people who work in social services
- Discussions become more common about people’s experiences of their role in this sector
Get the tool
In addition to the downloadable version of the View from Here tool on this page, we also have limited quantities of full printed sets available. If you'd like to request a pack please use the form on this page.